Printing and Scanning
The group owns several network printers.
- theory2 -- a duplex printer located in 50A-5101A
- theory3 -- a duplex printer located in 50-5056
- theory1 -- a single-sided printer located in 50A-5104
- thcolor -- a color printer located in 50A-5101 (store room)
- please only use thcolor if you truly need color. It is slow and expensive to use.
The linux system is configured to access them through the standard linux 'lpr' command as well as the "Print" menu item in the usual way.
These printers can also be accessed directly via TCP/IP printing from macs and windows machines (hostnames are just the names of the printers, as listed above). Ask management for assistance if you have trouble setting them up.
Note that theory3 is temporarily offline due to the Bldg 50 construction.
The group owns two scanners
There is a color scanner connected to thmath3 in 50A-5101A. Login and run 'xsane' or 'kooka' to access it.
Also, the copy machine in 50A-5101 is capable of scanning and sending the results via email. See the Scanner HOWTO for details.